Hello Parents and Loved Ones!
We have been having lots of fun in Junior Kindergarten so far and have tons of more fun planned. Today we even learned how to use the MacBook Air laptops! It was tricky at first but we are learning and soon we will master them because we get to use them every week!
Just a few reminders and updates for you to be aware of:
- We are a no peanut school so please pack your children a nut alternative like sunflower butter.
- We have an allergy of shrimp in the classroom to be aware of.
- Please remind your children not to share food at school due to germs and allergies.
- Each child needs a pair of black shoes, a pair of gym shoes and a pair of outdoor shoes.
- Children come into class with their water bottle and agenda.
- We are practicing using our listening ears so remind your child how important it is to turn these on each day 🙂
- If your child has a birthday during school, I love to celebrate with their friends in JK. If you would like to bring a treat for the class that is fine however, healthier options are always encouraged 🙂
- Some children are still hungry during snack time or they eat all their snacks before the afternoon snack so ask your child if they need more snacks at school.
- Remember to read and sign your child’s agenda everyday for important messages from me.
- If you would like to volunteer in our JK class, please file a police clearance form with Cynthia at the front desk. They normally take 2-4 weeks to process.
- If your child is sick or showing symptoms of the flu, please keep them home so we can keep school a fun and healthy place to be. We really want to avoid the spread of unwanted germs 🙂
On a final note, I would like to introduce and thank Carolina McCausland (Juan Andres Mom) for being our JK Parent Committee Representative. She will be helping to keep all of you in the loop about what goes on with the River Valley School Parent Committee.
Also, a reminder, the Neverland Gala will be held on September 28th! It is a wonderful, and very fun event for the parents of our school so make sure to get your tickets at the office.
Have a wonderful week!
~ Miss. Kim